dASAW Interview Series: #ArtBIT
Hello and welcome to Staff Member interview of deviantART Staff Appreciation Week! So, here is interview with awesome #ArtBIT!
1. How did you discover deviantART, and what made you stay? I've first discovered deviantART when I was searching for some Photoshop tutorials years ago. When I've submitted my first Photoshop works, I received some really great feedback from the community, and that inspired me to create more, and that is what made dA my home 2. Tell us the story behind your username and/or prior dA accounts. I've only used one dA account, this one. When I've first tried creating an account on dA, all the usernames that I used to sport on various websites, were already taken, and I had to think of a new one. Since two of my greatest passions in life are art and programming, it was only natural that I should merge the two for my username. Hence I got ArtBIT. BIT as in a unit of information expressed as either a 0 or 1 in binary notation, and represents my passion for programming, and Art is, well, art. ArtBIT also sounds like "heartbeat", which is also true in a way that art and programming is what makes my heart beat. 3. Which deviantART community are you most active in, and what is special about that community to you? 4. What projects and activities are you currently involved in? What encouraged you to start/participate in them? Sadly, I'm not that much involved in the community projects anymore. I watch a lot of artists and groups, and most of my time I spend going through my devwatch, which is a time consuming, but a pleasant, task. I fave and comment on my devwatch items on a daily basis, but I also try to find the time to browse the site and discover new artists. I also enjoy organizing small contests, and to participate in other people's contests, but that's about the extents of my involvement with the community nowadays. I hope I'll be able to change that 5. Who are your dA role-models? What makes you look up to them?
I don't have role-models as such, but I find so many artists on dA whose work inspires me. If you look at my collections (and my galleries) you'll find that I'm a fan of many styles and different artists. It's insane how many talented people are here on dA, and I usually find deviations that inspire me on a daily basis! But if I have to choose a few deviants whose work I truly enjoy and admire, I'd say !Blepharopsis
for his mesmerizing animal portraits, `betteo
for his exceptional style, ~ABrito
for his beautiful artistic nudes, ~Mihai82000
for his stunning concepts, ~grimmy3d
for his immersive tattoos, *MarkNewman
for his sculpture, heh and many many more, since this list can go on and on.
6. What are some of your artistic goals?
I tend not to think about art that seriously. I don't have goals as such. But then again I'm just a hobby artist. I love to create. And I do it because it makes me feel good.
7. What accomplishment and/or accomplishments are you most proud of, on or off deviantART?
In terms of life? Staying sane in this crazy world of today
8. What groups do you participate in and what the is the main goal of the group? (feel free to add as many as you like)
Like I mentioned earlier, I'm not that much active in the community nowadays, I am a member of many groups though, and I do contribute sometimes, but that usually does not exceed two tea-cups of contribution per month
9. What advice do you have for your fellow artist?
Create. That's the meaning of life.